Saturday, November 17, 2007

I almost forgot

Since this is the half way point, it's time for me to make my second batch of hcg.


Oh and tonight I thawed up some flounder I had in my freezer. I weighed them and they were all around 95 grams, so no needing to trim. I decided to do blackened style, then halfway through doing that I sort of, well let's just say that without using butter or oil the fish stuck to the pan and made it sorta messy. So yeah I guess we'll just settled for seasoned flounder after a couple of tries. I have this blacken seasoning I wanted to use, but it had onion powder in it and I know some people said they had problems using that. So I mixed my own seasons using these spices:

And it was awesome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seasoned Flounder
1 flounder fillet (100g)
1 tsp. of the following mixture:
salt
paprika
Black pepper
oregano
cayenne pepper (omit if you can't handle the heat! Or use little pinch of it)
garlic powder (if you don't have rosemary garlic season)
1-3 tbsp water or chicken broth


1. Heat a skillet to medium heat.
2. rub season mix on both sides of flounder.
3. Add a few tablespoons of water or broth to the skillet.
4. Drop in Flounder and cook for 5 minutes covered (don't peak!), if your fillet is thicker than a half inch ad a few more minutes.
5. Turn over and cook for a few minutes, maybe 2-4, longer for the thick fillets (my fillets were really thin, less than a half inch). You may have to add 1-2 more tbsp. of water/broth.

Note: if you don't cover your fish while it's cooking your fish will very likely stick to the pan if you're not using nonstick cookware.

2 comments:

Burcu J said...

The food looks nice and I'm sure it does taste good too. I might try that. thank you. Enjoy your Sunday :)

cherylk said...

I love your pictures.. it makes me want to do the same! It's so cool to actually see what you're eating!

Your fish looked yummy! I use a non-stick pan with a little water or broth, or if I want it "crispier", I broil it. Mine stuck to the pan (non-stick pan at that!) the first time, too.