Saturday, November 24, 2007

Day 28

Yesterday - 206
Today - 206.5

+.5 lbs.

Well, I guess I'm back to my regular diet. I grew some balls and started cheating to test out what I can get away with ever since Thanksgiving.. must have been a one time thing. But I also noticed that my stair step approach to weightloss is a little weird. It seems to be more like a downward wave. I think. well, so much for the pound per day deal. I guess it was expected, me being female and all (damn you guys and your metabolisms).

Today I bought all natural beef chuck. I haven't figured out which cut of meat is the leanest (fill me in if you know). Anyways I got the idea (from camping) that I would put each piece of 100g. meat in a piece of foil with my favorite season Tony's Creole and a splash of liquid Braggs Aminos. Then I would take a handful of veggies and put them in each foil, close them up tight and bake at a low temperature. I used handfuls of chopped onions in one, cherry tomatoes in another one, cut up asparagus in another, cabbage, and so one. I baked at 300 for like an hour or so and the meat came out really tender and made it's own juices. Everything from the meat to the veggies were so flavorful, it was like cooking in a crock pot. I put all the foil pockets in a big container, so when it's time for lunch I can just take one out, pop it in the microwave and eat (w/the foil removed!) . Woohoo. Lunch made for the week.

2 comments:

Lisa Larson said...

I just found you off of Cheryl's blog! I love what you did with your meat. Now that is clever! I am going to use this in my next round! What a great idea! P.S. I am going to add your post to my blog if that's okay.

BizBuzz said...

MMMMM, your foil baking thing sounds so delish! I am so doing that this round!!!

We all get the 'itch' to see how far we can take things, after all, we are all human.

Glad to be back on the rounds. Looking forward to hearing more!