Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 23

yesterday - 209.5
today - 209

-.5 lb. lost

Hey I'll take whatever I can get. Since I'm over half way through my protocol I might just stair step like what most people are doing. It's kind of interesting how that works.

So today I decided to take a trip to the market. I came back with ground beef and catfish. I wasn't sure at first if we could have catfish since the fishlist doc from hcgdieters is blank, but it was white so I got it.

Well I tried new things today. It was much better than yesterday. And now that I'm cooking for myself I can make things as spicy as I want. This weeks menu is lemon pepper catfish and meatloaf cupcakes. heheh.

I found some very lean ground beef today. I've heard of this brand before too. They make buffalo franks and it taste really good. Better than regular hotdogs.



meatloaf cuppies!

And catfish!

Oh and I sprinkled some cinnamon and nutmeg on some apple slices and put them in the food dehydrator. Makes for good snacking! If you don't have a food dehydrator you can stick them in the oven on the lowest temperature (usually 150-200 degrees) for 2-3 hours, it works the same way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meatloaf Cupcakes (makes 5 servings)
500 g (or 1lb. 1.5 oz) very lean ground beef
5 melba toasts crushed to almost powder or use a food processor
1 onion very finely chopped
a good splash of Liquid Braggs Aminos
Salt and pepper
2 finely chopped galic cloves
Spices (oregano, cumin, pepper flakes, mustard seeds, cayenne. whatever you can think of)

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix everything in a bowl, and mix VERY WELL. You want everything evenly distributed. (Don't use your hands, or wear gloves if you do)

3. To make sure you're dividing it equally, weigh the whole mixture, divide that number by 5, and make 5 balls accordingly. From there you're at a point where you can just eyeball and split those balls in half ( so now you have 10 little balls), and press each into a cupcake pan.
4. Cover and bake for 35 minutes.
5. 2 meatloaf cupcakes equal one serving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seasoned Catfish (very simple)
100 g catfish fillets (however mnay you're gonna cook)
lemon pepper seasoning (read the label)
if you don't have that, use lemon juce, black pepper, and sea salt

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Toss fillets in the seasonings, throw in a pan, cover and bake for 18 minutes.

No comments: