Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Day 24

Yesterday - 209
Today - 210

+1 lb.

Argh! Now I'm a little ticked off. At first I was thinking it was the catfish. That's the only new thing I intorduced to my diet. But after looking at some of the approved foodlists in the group files, catfish was indeed an ok fish. And then it hit me. I did two things I wasn't supposed to do. First, I prepared my meals for the week with my bare hands. I totally forgot I mixed up the meatloaf with my hands AND I handled all the fish with my bare hands which so happens that catfish has a higher fat content than other fish (actually more than my extra lean ground beef). It didn't occur to me at first because I've done this before, but then I realized I was unknowingly very conservative about it, and I never worked the meats like I had with the meatloaf. And when I was tossing the catfish in the seasoning I was tossing with my hands. Argh! Stupid stupid stupid. Another thing, I put lotion on my arms. I did it out of habit but it didn't phase me cause I've put a pea size amount on my hands and face before for those very dry moments and I was fine. Blah. Just, grr.. @&*(_#!*$!*$^!)_%*$^%&*!%^&!%%&#!@&*%!!!!!!!

The moral of the story is: It only SEEMS like you're able to get away with certain things, but it's only because you haven't crossed the threshold yet. And when you do, you realize you were dancing around that fine line the whole time! I guess we all have to learn the hard way! So if anyone is reading this, LISTEN TO DR. S AND FOLLOW THE DIET TO THE "T"!

4 comments:

cherylk said...

I can so sympathize with you, today!

My first weeks of the protocol, I was breezing through.. still used my body wash, and occasionally my face cream, etc. Then all of the sudden everything stopped. I went off the creams (I use aloe vera gel and vaseline now) changed soap and got rid of my vit e lip balm! The weight started up again.

It's crazy that these little things affect you, but they do!

Hope tomorrow is better for you! I loved all your pictures of your food.. yummy! :)

BizBuzz said...

BB! OMG! Truer words were never spoken, the littlest thing can set this protocol off! I was just re-reading that section again in the manuscript!

Go girl, at least you figured it out and you can do something about it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, body lotion put me up a pound.

Burcu J said...

Thank you for the advice and sorry to hear about the one pound but i think you shouldn't worry at all. You did a great job. I am sure you will keep that up.
Have a good one