Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 20

Yesterday - 212
Today - 210.5

1.5 loss

So I'm back on track again! woohoo! So that's a tototal loss of 21 pounds in 20 days. Not bad, not bad at all. Oh and since I got tired of my onion chicken for lunch I decided to look for something new to fix up, and then was born, beef n' curry cabbage! Not only was it good, but it was filling, thanks to the cabbage, which is very low in calories - 7 calories per ounce. I think I found a regular. I cooked the cabbage separate and sliced up some leftover steak (100g).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Curry Cabbage w/Beef

1 head of cabbage (for one serving use 1/4 of the head and adjust the seasonings for one)
1/3 c low sodium fat free broth (or close to it)
1 tbsp. indian curry (or which ever is available)
1 tsp. cumin
1-2 tsp chilli powder
Salt (just enough to your taste)
1 tsp cayenne powder (only if you like it hot)

1. Preheat stove from medium to medium high heat.
2. Slice cabbage into very thin strips.
3. Pour a little broth into the pan.
4. Dump the shredded cabbage into the pan following the rest of the broth.
4. Add all the seasonings and mix/toss within the pan.
5. Let it be for a couple of minutes or until it starts to wilt on the bottom then toss again.
6. Do this until you get to the desired firmness/softness of the cabbage.
7. Add 3.5 oz. of steak sliced into strips to 1/4 of the cabbage for one serving. The rest of the cabbage can be used for other dishes or stored for later. One medium head of cabbage has about 225 calories so cutting into quarters yields 56 calories or 45 calories if you divide the servings by 5.

Suggestions: instead of beef try shrimp. Lightly cook the shrimp with a little season for a few minutes then add (one serving) cabbage and follow the directions.

3 comments:

cherylk said...

Congrats on the 1.5 pound loss, BB! You're doing incredible.. wow, your percentage is amazing!!

How funny, I was craving curry tonight, too. I did a cod/tomato/curry thing. It was so yummy! I'm going to try your recipe, too. I think curried cabbage sounds really good!

Burcu J said...

Hello,
Wow 1.5 more pound. Big Congrats.I got my HCG today. pls. check my blog out If you get a chance.I really liked the recipe. I'll try out. I am not much of a beef eater. I will try with chicken :)
have a good one :)

Amie said...

Awesome loss!

That recipe sounds delish - I'm stuck in a rut with my diet right now, but I might try it next P2. :)

Very cool - thanks for the update!