Friday, November 23, 2007

Day 27

Yesterday - 207
Today - 206

-1lb.

WHAT!?? HOW!?? It's not possible!??

How the hell did I LOSE weight on Thanksgiving?!?!?!? I went ahead and decided that I wasn't going to hold back, I'd just enjoy myself and eat whatever I want, although I decided to skip out on the apple pie cake. But I ate turkey with skin and gravy, the classic green bean casserole with bacon bits, cranberry dressing, pilaf, and a sweet potato casserole full of walnuts, pecans, butter, coconut oil, brown sugar, marshmallows, and butterscotch schnapps (my secret ingredient). How can I eat this and still lost weight?! And I had a bit of amaretto sour. What in the world? Oh, and to top it off, a few bites of an egg roll and half a bite size pack of twix.

Here's what I did. I decided to not eat anything but the thanksgiving dinner, that way in case I over indulge it wouldn't be that bad. Even though I said I'd stuff myself I was very conservative about my portions in the beginning, although I was planning on going for seconds, even thirds! Here's what ended up happening. My "seconds" were about 2 tablespoons of green bean casserole and 3 tablespoons of sweet potato casserole. I didn't finish my turkey, cranberry sauce, green beans, and pilaf. There were even some sweet potatoes left (although not by much). I was actually -full-. Sure I probably could've just as easily eaten more, but the "desire" to eat more just wasn't there, as simple as that. I was completely satisfied with what I ate. It was insane. Was it the hcg? Or was it my hypothalamus on the verge of resetting? I don't know. According to Dr. Simeons I was supposed to gain, or at least not lose anything. I can't understand it either. I was soooo expecting to see a gain when I got on the scale this morning. I was planning in my head what meals I was going to prepare to bring my weight down the quickest after my so-called glutfest. So you can imagine the shock on my face when the scale showed a LOSS instead of a gain. I'm wondering if it's water weight, but I thought my body would want to hoard my water for not drinking enough the day before. I just don't know.

I should be happy and excited and I really am, but at the same time, it doesn't make a darn sense to me and I wanna know why. When my family and I were fixing that dinner we didn't hold out on butter or flavor. I have to say though, we used healthier alternatives. Instead of sugar we used brown sugar. I only used half the butter for the sweet potato casserole and used coconut oil for the rest. The turkey was naturally free of hormones and whatnot. in fact, the only thing I can think about that was processed was the cream of mushrooms and the french fried onions for the green bean casserole which were canned. The green beans were fresh. Even the gravy.

As a biology major it drives me crazy that I can't explain the internal physiological reactions for this. But all in all, I'm glad thanksgiving is over. I guess I should just shut my mouth and be happy!

3 comments:

Burcu J said...

WOW ... THATS ALL I CAN SAY. :)
I am happy for you that you enjoyed thanksgiving and LOST A POUND :) I probably would be shocked also. Just enjoy it :)

Amy's Blog said...

That's great about your pound! Woo HOO! Perhaps it's the switcharoo between fat & water that Dr. S talks about. Or perhaps your body said here is more food, it's OK to relax about this other fat I was holding on to. Whatever the cause, I'm very happy that you have lost a WHOLE pound! Prolly can't count on this happening all the time. And some of us (Amy's clears her throat here) would never have such a miraculous occurance even once! hehehe. Congrats again!

cherylk said...

Wow BB! I'm so happy for you! That totally rocks!! I'd be so curious to see how many calories you consumed. Maybe your body was getting ready for a whoosh, but since you ate a lot of calories, you only got a mini whoosh? Who knows! Just enjoy it!

I see commercials for that green bean casserole all the time. That's not something we do here, in Canada. I'd love your recipe to try over the holidays, if you don't mind sending! My email is cherylmk33@gmail.com I'm dying to see what that tastes like.. I got a can of the onions last time I was in Michigan, but was at a loss as to what to do with them!

Hope tomorrow is just as good for you! You're dropping weight like crazy! :)