Sunday, December 30, 2007

Phase 3 day 11-17

I meant to update 3 days ago, but life has been hectic. Well, more like, other people's lives have been hectic, therefore effecting my life, as it goes. Dad has a bundle of problems and my sister is in jail for trivial warrants, well I guess not that trivial to land yourself in the slammer. But I'm not here to talk about that am I. The protocol, yes.

According to my dad's scale I weigh 215. Been hovering that number throughout the week. Yeah, I almost dropped dead on the spot there, cause that would mean I'm 11 pounds over my LIW.

..BUT...

My dad's scale has a 6-7 pound discrepency compared to my scale at home. AND I had my clothes, shoes, wallet, etc. on. For the protocol I strip down to get my weight, but here I can't just waltz in my dad's room in my birthday suit and hop on the scale... Although he is a heavy sleeper, and it would make for interesting small talk around the breakfast table if for some reason he ... what in the world am I saying. I swear I type whatever comes to mind... bubbles.

Well, what all this means in all honesty is that I'm probably only 2-4 pounds over my LIW, according to my scale. I'm seriously considering buying one of those portable scales I've been hearing about. At least one better than the one I have. I remember spending $10 on it at Walmart, and I almost went for the $20 one, but the advertisment displayed on the box was so persuasive I decided why not and save $10. Next time, I think I'll go with my gut feeling.

As for food. Well, that's been tough. My mom and dad live opposite lives. my mom and her husband are the healthfood junkies that would probably disown me if I came into the house with a Coke in my hand. My dad on the other hand, well. Let's just say, he's single and can't cook. which means, the fridge is filled with nothing but ready to eat meals. Least to say, it's a bloody nightmare. His cabinets are full of soda, and there is NOTHING in the house that is phrase 3 approved except for: eggs, deli ham (I checked the ingredients), tomatoes, bell peppers, and lettuce. In other words... I've been eating omelets. I've been buying some stuff from the store, but money for me will be tight until school starts, which thankfully will be in about a week.

Some other things. Dairy products don't seem to hurt me, so I'm glad for that. Honestly I've been taking this phase less seriously than phase 2, mostly because things here are more hectic and less organized. But I also noticed that I don't eat as much. In fact I can take my food in a small bowl now as opposed to a plate as I don't use the extra space. I'm thinking it's a habit I devloped during phase 2. But here's something else I noticed. On days when I meet my suggested caloric intake (even if I ate a starch or sugar) I do fine, but if I eat below I don't do as well, and those are the days when I adhere most to the phase 3 diet.

Now I understand when people talk of this part of the protocol. If phase 3 was a person I would be giving it the finger right about.... now.

3 comments:

BizBuzz said...

HA!

You go girl, that is about where it's at I gotta say. You said it just perfect!

My first P3 was pretty much by the book. My subsequent, not so much! You can see that today, I am 5.2 lbs over my LIW - and all I can do is laugh.

It's ok, we are going on another round, mine isn't for 3 weeks, so I have some time to bring this puppy back down. But what is up with that eh?

Thank you for your support during my journey! I really appreciate it!

Amy's Blog said...

I had to laugh about the difference between your mom & dad. I have the same deal - my mom is the health nut and she's an organic whole food purist -whereas my dad has food groups of meat, sugar, butter, and bread... for him food is best if processed to the max. Also, I am SO with you on that finger thing. LOL! If only P3 was a person! Why we could form a line, turn in unison & moon the bast'd. :-))

maryg911 said...

Hey, just discovered your blog and I wanted to say, you'll make it girl!! I have some more reading to do, so best of luck to you!!