Monday, December 17, 2007

Phase 3, Day 1-4

First of all I want to thank everyone for the comments on my photos. I'm glad people can see a difference in them. I guess it takes the prespective of a third paty to make you notice the difference. I'm hoping the second round I'll -really- see a major difference. Not trying to diminish the success from the first round, but I expect the 2nd round to be the round that hits the abnormal-fat ball out the park. Yes I know. I'm a dork. Hell I don't even watch baseball. But oh well.

So.... phase 3....

I happy that I can finally start eating a little bit more normal now. In fact, even though it's just 4 days I already noticed myself being satisfied on portions that could pass off as normal. This makes me happy. =)

One thing about the whole starch and sugar deal. I'm finding that there are things I've eatened in my life that contain hidden sugars and starches. For example, ketchup. Now I knew that ketchup had sugars in it, I mean a tomato is a fruit. But what shocked me was the type of sugar in ketchup: corn syrup, along with high fructose corn syrup. *sigh*, the ingredient labels don't lie (although some like to hide their ugly natures behind simple names... I'm looking at you "spices").

I'm wondering though if I should use my last injection weight from the last injection or from the day after the 72 hour hcg withdraw process. there's a .5 pound difference (I gained a half pound on the third day). 203.5 or 204? Am I being too picky? I want to do 204. on my 3rd P3 day I was 206 and today I'm 204 so I think 204 is a safe weight to use.

In the meantime I believe I wil go find myslef a portable glycemic index chart (and perhaps an atkins menu) to keep myself at bay with the "absolutely no sugars and starch" deal. I'm being stubborn by eating dried fruits and the occasional fried dumpling, and I need to stop. Although I'm getting a little better by eating more protein and fats. It sounds weird for me to being able to go a little liberal on the fats.

One more thing, if anyone has any advice on this: fitness. I shouldn't think (an)aerobics will effect us negatively like in P2. I want to do some strength training for P3. My only concern is I hear that just doing any fitness related activity for a short period of time gradually loses whatever health benefits it may have brought once you cease to continue. I say this because I would most likely have to stop once I start my second round. I train hard. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. I should probably be thinking about fitness after the whole protocol. I don't want to get ahead of myself and take on more than I can handle.

Well, anywho's, This was my attempt to make up for several days of absent. But you know I think for me it's makes sense to report every couple of days. I have more to reflect on as more things can happen over the span of several days as opposed to one. In the meantime, yall take care! I'm off to Texas tomorrow to see the rest of my immediate family. I'll let yall know if people noticed anything different about me. ;)

4 comments:

Amy's Blog said...

That must be great to feel satisfied on NORMAL portions! hehe.

Dr. S says you are supposed to use the weight you are at on the day you take your last injection - LIW. However, I don't think it's a big deal at all if you want to raise it a half pound. It's not a big difference. Given the explanation about your weight fluctuation, it seems reasonable. Personally, I like the idea of strength training between rounds. I tried to strengthen my muscles in P3 because I felt so weak from the P2. I feel stronger this P2 than previous P2 - perhaps it's from working on legs & arms (I'm not sure). OTOH, I'm not sure that it makes a difference - for example Biz didn't exercise & no one can say that this has hurt anything!

Thanks for posting your progress & how things are going - you're doing great!

Crystal Lee said...

Hmmm Dr. S says to use the last weight on the actual injection day. I am sure there is a 100% valid reason for this BUT what it is I do not know. Anywho, sorry to be a party pooper. :)

But you did so well this round! Good job hon....P3 can be an up and down rollar coaster but you can do it.

I totally agree with you on the "hidden" spices and sugars. YIKES! I made some steaks the other night with cajun seasoning...and it had sugar in it! Go figure. Luckily I did not use much . :D

Thanks for posting and good luck!

Crystal

Burcu J said...

Hello Lady,
I just wanted to drop a quick hello and If you can e.mail me your pics(burcujohnson@hotmail.com)
I would like to see them. Congrats on your loss and enjoy the P3.
Have a good one :)

BizBuzz said...

I have always felt that Dr S uses the weight on the last injection to give us all 'wiggle' room for when we start eating normal food again, but that is just me.

Looks like you are doing well!