Monday, February 4, 2008

R2 Day 3 (VLCD)

Yesterday - 213
Today - 216

+3 lbs.

Well! I guess I did good loading then, hehe. Let's see today's menu:

Apple
Orange
Celery n' chicken soup x 2
Grissini

I was a little hungry in the afternoon, but it was by no means unbearable. Focusing on my schoolwork helps. I'm trying to drink a half gallon of water within the next 2 hours. I'm sure that'll result in a zero loss on the scale in the morning, but I'm more relaxed this round.

Also, if you don't already know I'm hiding the fact that I'm on this diet to my parents. It's very hard to do this when they both work in the medical field. So much for the "medical diet" excuse right? Last round I just told them my amber vial in the fridge was a biology project I was working on (yeah, on myself), but I don't want to use that excuse again. So... I bought this:





















A minifridge! brilliant! This particular one gets really cold and I can even plug it in to my car when I travel, if I needed to. There's just one drawback. The fan on top is sort of loud, about on par with a computer fan that's unusually noisy. It takes me a little longer to sleep and get used to. Also, I started thinking, maybe one day someone will get curious and open it. So I came up with this idea:
























It turns out, an insulated thermos provided the -perfect- means of a way of keeping my hcg constantly cold, better than a fridge I would even say. We usually think of a thermos as trying to keep our coffee as piping hot as long as possible but it works even better for keeping things cold and for longer periods of time. I tested this out first by filling it up with ice and water and checked on it the next day. 12 hours later it was still extremely cold, with ice still unmelted. This time I just filled it with ice, and by the end of the day there was more ice left than the first trial. I stuck my vial in a ziploc bag, even though it's airtight. The temperature was colder than my fridge will ever get. So all I have to do is replace the ice after I do my injection and maybe in the afternoon just to keep it extra cold. I'm wondering now if I'll even need the minifridge I got for sale..eh.. I'll still use it... it's a pretty neat thing.

2 comments:

BizBuzz said...

HA! How ingenious! WOO HOO FOR YOU! Can't wait to see the start of the losing streak your about to take!

beachbrights said...

You crack me up! Love the photos...

XOXO-