Monday, February 18, 2008

R2 Day 14-18

Day 14 - 205
Day 15 - 204.5
Day 16 - 210
Day 17 - 209.5
Day 18 - 209


Hmmmm..... yes... I know what you're thinking. What the hell happened on day 16?!?! Okay... let me explain. Three things: Chinese food, birthday cake, new scale.

Chinese food: My kryptonite. I was trying to "blend in" at the dinner table.
Birthday cake: Brother turned 6. Couldn't help it.. okay, more like, didn't help it.
Scale: Brand new.

So, yeah. All those factored in. I always weigh more on the "more accurate" scales. I really didn't eat that much cake, maybe a few big bites. But the chinese food was what got me. Bleh. All in one day. I have no way of really knowing which one attributed more to the weight gain, or how big of a discrepency my new scale is from the old one, since I broke the old one (dropped it on the corner - it split apart).

Sooo.. I broke out with the tape measure to make sure I wasn't gaining inches. And to my surprise I lost an inch in the stomach and and 1/2in in the chest and an inch in the thighs. So, all is well. Of course, that doesn't really make sense to me, but then again, who really know what is going on under the skin, except for Dr. Simeons. But damn, it sure would be nice to finally see that number go under 200 by next week. Sure would.

In the meantime, I'm finally getting in my water. Just had to fit it in my schedule. I have a liter with me during the day that I try and finish, and when I get home around 3 I drink another liter before I go to bed. Depending on the day I can get an extra .5-1 liter in.

I was trying to experiment with weekly updates. I find that I can get a bigger picture of things when I do it this way, and it's a little less stressful. But when I did daily updates, I scrutinized myself more, which places me under a tad bit more stress. Perhaps I'll do both, do daily updates, then weekly updates on my skip day.

5 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Do what works best for you. Chinese food is evil, it's so full of salt it's not even funny. You need MUCH more water to flush it all out! So suck that water in woman!

maryg911 said...

Girl, I didn't know you were back!?! glad to hear from you again, now I gotta catch up on some reading, ha!!!

Burcu J said...

Hello My friend,
Don't sweat it.. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.. food sounded delicious.. Oh about the Coach bags , I probably wouldn't be able to get it either because I am a full time student and I got a job..I feel you big time. But I think having a husband helps :) I love Walmart too ...

Becca said...

OUCH! That's gotta hurt! I bought a new scale halfway through my first round and it read about 3 lbs higher too, but at least I still had my old one to compare it with so I was able to go back and adjust all of the old weights up three pounds. That way it didn't look like I gained in the middle of my round. It still hurt to have to raise my weight though!
And I'm with you on the chinese food. That and Italian are the two places that I REFUSE to go to when I'm on P2. Anything else and I can find something that will work, but I know that I'll gain if I go for chinese...

applebottomblues said...

Hi.. this is my first time on your blog and it's great!

I had a cake incident last week as well. It's so hard to resist it when everyone around you is eating it at the same time. I had a huge corner piece with all the icing too!

I know that number was disappointing to see, but hey, at least you know it WILL get back below 205.