Sunday, October 28, 2007

Day 2, Phase 2, Round 1

I started yesterday but was too tired to blog. Everything went fine. I had problems injecting this morning, as when I went to withdraw the needle, blood squirted out. But I was assured I was okay as I most likely hit a small vein on my way in, and no blood was in the syringe when I aspirated. I'm so glad I have the yahoo group for support. I wouldn't be doing this without them, so I want to thank them (if anyone there is reading this).

My first day of loading I didn't eat as much as I wanted but I did gain a pound. I guess food only taste good when it's "forbidden". But the times I did eat I ate big servings:

(cooking liberally with olive oil)
5 egg omelet with tomatoes, onions, and lots and lots of bacon bits ,
2 whole wheat tortillas,
BIG plate of rice and chicken,
Tall glasses of 2% milk and a glass of Nestle chocolate with coconut milk and condensed milk,
8 oreo cakesters,
Fanta Peach soda,
5-7 fishsticks,
3 chicken nuggets,
2 pork egg rolls,
and some other indian foods that consisted of fried chickpeas and legummes.

I also tried to get calories by eating the fishsticks, nuggets, and egg rolls with mayo and Newmans light honey mustard. By the way... Newmans Light Honey Mustard taste soooooooooooooooooo good. So, so good (so good). I'll try better today. I'm going to take my brother to a pizza buffet!

I also bought a large packet of chicken from Sam's. I decided to weigh each portion now and put it in ziplock bags so when the time comes I can just grab it out of the fridge knowing each bag has 3.5oz or 100grams. Which by the way, lemme tell you. I had no idea 3.5oz of chicken was THAT small! Which mean it's a lot smaller looking when cooked. Now I know what dieter's mean by looking at the portions. For the protocol it's 3.5oz but a regular serving is only .5 more ounces (says the label). NOW I can see where the calories are coming from, because I couldn't understand why I gain weight when "I don't eat that often". Oh and the meat as well. I portioned the rest of my ground beef and that was a shocker as well. They say a portion of meat, 2 oz, is as big as a deck of cards. I guess I was going by tarot decks.





It all makes more sense when you can weigh the serving sizes yourself, just to see how big our portions sizes are and how much we actually consume. I remember eating at an italian restaurant and the two meatballs in my spaghetti were just a little bit bigger than these! This diet will very much affect my way of thinking in the long run no doubt.

==========================================

Day 1 (loading day) - 226 lbs.
Day 2 (loading day) - 227 lbs.

Measurements (in inches)
Bust:50
Chest:41
Waist:38
Stomach:46.5
Hip:50
Thigh:31
Calf:17
Arm:17.5
Forearm:11

No comments: