Monday, October 29, 2007

D3P2R1 First VLCD day

Day 1 (loading day) - 226 lbs.
Day 2 (loading day) - 227 lbs.
Today: (VLCD) - 231.5 lbs.

I guess I loaded well after all. Gained 5.5 pounds which puts me back in the 230's, digits I thought I'd never see again. No matter, I have faith I'll lose it again pretty soon =). Must of had something to do with that last minute loading: 2 medium potatoes, 3 tbsp butter, 1/3 c plain yogurt, large handful of picnic bacon, chives, and a large handful of shredded cheese. Of all the days worth of loading, that was probably the only time I enjoyed every minute of it, which consequently was my last meal before VLCD. It just goes to show you how deeply psychological a connection we have to food, the more reason to do this protocol and reset my hypothalamus.

So, looked all over for melba toast. Couldn't find it. HOWEVER, I was quite surprised to find grissini at my local Publix. I mean, it doesn't say grissini on the packet, but really what is it except nothing more than a breadstick. Plus it had the Italian flag, which I think makes it safe to call it grissini. Pleasantly crunchy little things they are. Each breadstick has 40 calories. Not too bad. I only ate one today as I sort of ran out of my allotted calories. In fact I didn't get to eat all of my dinner. For lunch I ate more tomatoes than I should have, thinking since it's only 5 calories per oz. I can have 2. But I forgot I was eating ground beef tonight and um yeah. I just had half the ground beef serving and a slice (7/8 oz) of tomatoe with the grissini, which put me a little over 500 calories. Well maybe just at 500 since I counted the whole apple weights and I didn't eat the core. There's hope for me after all.

==========================================
Breakfast
organic fuji apple

Lunch
tomato basil soup with chicken

Mid afternoon snack
apple

Dinner
1 grissini
beef pattie
tomato slice

==========================================
Tomato Basil Soup with Chicken
3.5 oz cooked chicken breast
4-8 oz. diced tomatoes
2-4 basil leaves (too much basil will make the soup bitter)
salt & pepper
1-3 tbsp. chicken broth

1. Blend all ingredients except chicken.
2. Pour in pot and add cooked chicken.
3. Simmer on medium for 10 minutes.

No comments: