Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back to the Drawing Board

I bet you might have been wondering where I ran off to. Well, for starters, I decided it was in my best interest to take a break from the protocol. It was the perfect time since this was my spring break. I realized the second time around I jumped into this without the mental preparation I needed. The first time, this was all new to me. I read, and researched, and exhausted all my pro's and con's. It was foolish for me to think I did not need think things through next round. So yeah, I learned the hard way.

But while on my break I sort of did some inspiration searching. I need reaffirmations as to why I started this whole journey in the first place.

On my spring break I watched a lot of discovery health channel. There was a show about the science of obesity. Rather visually informative. there was a clip where a woman was walking and they showed her computer graphic copy walking along beside her, only showing the extra amount of fat she was carrying. That was real interesting to see visually just the amount of fat the obese carry around with them. And then I got to thinking. Sometimes people would say, "I'm basically two people put together". I said it myself. My two best friends who happen to weigh like 105 each, together are basically one of me, in terms of weight. That's a perception I don't care too much for, but it works for motivation purposes. But also, here's another perception we often overlook. If I were really two of my skinny friends put together, I would look pretty good at 210, because technically, I'd still be within my body fat percentage. Women are supposed to have 20% on average of body fat, up to 22% I believe. So, if a woman weighed 140 lbs., roughly 3o lbs. should consist of fat. Well, if that same woman was obese, say 260, and carried an exta 12o lbs., not only is she the weight of two people combined, she is carrying enough fat/energy for 4 people! Now that's more alarming.

I also found pictures of me when I was somewhere between 6 and 10. I was very athletic then. I looked at those pictures for a long time to. I realized that I wasn't always "the fat kid". It made me realize that I simply over ate and somehere down the line my hormones, hypothalamus, endocrine system got out of whack as a result. I understand that genes play a role, but only a small factor. Although my dad and grandparents are overweight, they were all skinny in there youth, up and past there 20's. So I know enviornment played the bigger role. I know how messed up our health is in America, but I am tired of playing the victim. I may be bummed out that I missed some crucial parts of my teen years, but I'll be damned if I let my weight define who I am, where I go, what I do, what I wear, how I approach people, how I look at myself, and so on, from this point on. Hcg has given me the tools I need to take back that part of my life again.

I also bought some makeup for myself. Okay, so that may not have anything to do with the whole hcg thing, but it was more of a confidence booster. I bought some of that mineral makeup (hcg approved), and honestly, it's the most awesome makeup in the world. It took a while to apply it right, as I was trying to do it like those people on bare minerals, and they make it seem like it takes 3 seconds to apply but once I got the hang of it, my face really did look flawless like on tv.

Oh and one more thing. I want to thank ALL of you who have been commenting on my journal this past week and a half. Those were some of the most encouraging comments I've had in a long time. It seems like no matter how much I mess up there's always someone who there for support. Sometimes I brace myself for negative criticism after I type up a journal entry, but to my surprise it never comes. This is not to say that there are no constructive comments, it just means that I'm always given advice in a supportive manner, and that's why you guys are awesome!

11 comments:

maryg911 said...

Good for you for taking a break and reevaluating your situation. I sometimes watch those shows too just to understand what is going with them and if I'm heading in that same direction, not anymore!!!

Hey, I really like your idea with the insulated cup, that was very clever missy!!!

beachbrights said...

Glad your back, girl! I missed you and checked your blog daily. R2 is tough. In fact, I might just completely remove it from my memory. But I will say, my R2P2 has given me a successful P3. I truely believe that I needed the struggle to be doing as good as I am (mentally & physically). So, everything "plays" out the way it needs too! Don't give up and keep plugging away. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

XOXO-

Becca said...

I missed you and I'm so glad you're back!
And I loved your post! Very infomrative. I would love to see that show with the computer generated visuals. I saw the Body Worlds exhibit in Cleveland about a year ago and they showed how excess fat pressed in on your internal organs and how it looked on a really obese person. Quite an eye opener!
I hope things go well for you on this round. It sounds as if you've got a fresh motivation and that's just what you needed. I know you can be successful if you just keep those thoughts in the forefront. You deserve to be a thin and healthy person and you CAN be!!!

Burcu J said...

Welcomeback lady,
Breaks are necessary sometimes my friend, I TOTALLY FEEL YOU ABOUT ALL THE THINGS YOU'VE SAID...I also am on a break and will start back in a week or so..let us know how ar u doing? oh.. could you pls. give me the name of your make up I always wanted to try bare minerals but I didn't know if it works or not.
Have a good one ;)

applebottomblues said...

I'm so glad you're back and what a great post! I understand about needing and break. I'm on P3 right now and I think I will definately need to re-group before my next P2. Hopefully I can learn from your experience and really get my head into the next round.

Thank you for posting about the reasons for your break. It really helps to see the ups AND the downs of others experiences.

Anonymous said...

Great post! I really need help revving myself up to do my last P2 properly, and your post really helps. I think I should look up online more info on the dangers of obesity, maybe see if that program you saw will be on again. I need motivation. Thanks for a thoughtful, informative post.

BizBuzz said...

I am back, come out and play!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi people! Thanks . I will forward this link to all my friends interested in this subject! bohemianblue.blogspot.com In whom it is possible to order the troubles menopause ? Who can help? [url=http://bestpharmacy.atwebpages.com/diazepam/bestpharm-4.html]diazepam [/url]
38170 - jc age of menopausedoes zoloft cause weight gainativan vs clonazepamclaritin vs benadrylclonazepam snorting look this [url=http://canadashoppharm.freehostia.com][/url] and [url=http://bestpharmacy.atwebpages.com/diazepam/map.html]Catalog pharmacy 2009 link tramadol[/url] . for attention thank you .

Anonymous said...

From the moment the first Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door "coupe" was introduced to the public, other German luxury automakers hit the drafting board. According to the German auto experts at AutoBild, Audi is just over a year away from unleashing its own cleverly packaged sedan.
carwadontester981

Anonymous said...

[url=http://desethepl.freehostia.com/56/kakoy-luchshe-pit-chay-dlya-pohudeniya.php]Какой лучше пить чай для похудения[/url]
- стоимость комплекса для похудения "афродита"
[url=http://desethepl.freehostia.com/dieta-pitaniya/realno-pohudet-na-kvashennoy-kapuste.php]Реально похудеть на квашенной капусте[/url]
- диета наоми кэмбл
[url=http://desethepl.freehostia.com/dieta-pitaniya/dieta-bistrogo-pohudaniya.php]Диета быстрого похудания[/url]
- диеты похудеть за 7 дней и есть как раньше
[url=http://desethepl.freehostia.com/dieta-pitaniya/01-2010.php]Как заставить себя сесть на диету[/url]
- как похудеть аудиокнига
[url=http://desethepl.freehostia.com/56/38.php]Худеть фото до и после[/url]
- как дышать чтобы похудеть

[url=http://dnevnik.bigmir.net/groups/article/56377]диеты для быстрого похудения форум [/url]

[url=http://dnevnik.bigmir.net/groups/article/56374]диеты для похудения бесплатно[/url]

Anonymous said...

[color=#ffffee]Great post! thank you for sharing this information. bohemianblue.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#ffffee]bookmarked... Keep up the good site...[/color]